Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Husband

I was married almost a year ago and our first anniversary is fast approaching!! I have to say, what a wonderful year it has been!  We have between us, 5 boys and 2 girls, ages ranging from 8 to 23.  Speaking of 8/23..my birthday is August 23rd.  Lol...yes, I have issues. 


My husband and I are both attending college (again!) for Software Development, but are so early in the program I don't have much to say about how much I love (or hate) it.


My husband thoughts are deep and profound, he is funny and loves to be the center of attention, he is my best friend and I love him deeply.  I wish I met him sooner, but we met at the perfect time. Had we met sooner we would not be the people we are today. 


Damien reminds me so much of my dad that it is hard to believe they never had a chance to meet. I believe they were quite possibly created from the same mold! Their sense of humor, oh boy....rambling here, but oh well...my dad and brother had this stupid dance they made up to the song "Safety Dance"..I think they called it jump dancing, but it is the equivalent of today's chest bumping.  The other day in the car, while I was driving, Damien "choreographed" a dance to the song "Don't Let me Fall" by B.o.B. and had the kids dancing along with him. I don't think he noticed the dorky smile on my face or the tear in my eye. 


Memories like those last a lifetime, the kids were cracking up; people next to us at the red lights were pointing and looking at us like we were nuts! I wanted to roll my window down and tell them to lighten up, life is all about laughter and the memories we create for our children; and I have no doubt the kids will never forget that day in the car. I know I won't.


Safety Dance:







Don't Let me Fall:
 








1 comment:

  1. love it, love ur pic and background u chose, good job shell!

    ReplyDelete